Tender Baked Chicken Potatoes and Greenbeans
- four raw chicken breasts
- green beans (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- packet of Italian dressing mix
- stick of butter, melted
Arrange chicken down center of 9x13 dish.
Placed cubed potatoes down one side and the greenbeans down the other.
Sprinkle with a packet of Italian dressing mix and then drizzle with a melted stick of butter.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Enjoy!
- I used one package of chicken tenders
- Yukon Gold potatoes are excellent in this dish. So tender and creamy!
- In the meal pictured I used some fresh greenbeans I'd blanched and frozen a while back. But as stated above, fresh, frozen or canned greenbeans will work. You can pretty much throw any vegetable you'd like in this dish and it'll be great. Broccoli is another great option.
- I had a packet of Italian dressing mix on hand for the next time I make our favorite crockpot roast but you can change it up and sprinkle whatever seasonings your family prefers.
- My chicken and greenbeans were not completely thawed out yet so I just prepped the dish, covered with foil and placed it in the oven before we went to church. I set the oven to preheat to 350* starting at 11AM. We didn't get home til after 12:30pm but the chicken was ultra tender and the potatoes perfectly cooked and creamy.
- This is obviously a very basic recipe with lots of room to change it up.
- It's a great meal to prep and take to a friend. Add a loaf of bread and a plate of brownies and you're set to go!
- You don't need me to tell you that you could also do this in a slow cooker...