12.10.2012

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


I love this cookie recipe! Both the dough balls and baked cookies freeze well. And I must admit that the dough or cookies being frozen is the only thing that will stop me from eating my weight in them! Seriously good stuff. I apologize for the sub par photo. Just trust me when I tell you that this recipe is excellent and you will thoroughly enjoy these cookies!
 


Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
adapted from feathersinournest 


Ingredients:
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup raisins and/or craisins
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup flour, sifted with:
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla

Instructions:
Combine all dry ingredients in the bowl of stand mixer. Add wet ingredients and mix til well incorporated. Form into balls using a cookie scoop. Bake at 350 degrees for 11-13 minutes. Do not over-bake unless you want a particularly crunchy cookie. Remove from oven and let cookies sit on the pan for another 2-3 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Depending on how much cookie dough you snitch (guilty!) this recipe should yield approximately 32 cookies.

Warning: These cookies are highly addictive! 
You will not be able to refrain from eating more than two (or four) at a time.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment