Here is one our favorite go-to snack recipes. It's simple to make, easy to jazz up, and a great healthy (depending on your add-ins ;) ) snack to have any time of the day or night.
I hope you and yours will enjoy it as well!
Peanut Butter Granola
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup honey
6 cups old fashioned oats
a few splashes of vanillaOptional add-ins:
white/dark chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries, nuts, toasted coconut, dried fruit, etc.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper ( a lightly sprayed baking sheet works as well.)
Melt the peanut butter and honey in the microwave at 30 second increments until melted. Pour over the oats and mix well, coating completely. Spread on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the oats are golden on top, stirring them up halfway through.
Allow the granola to cool completely before adding any extras. Store in an airtight container.
- If you don't want to make such a big batch, you can easily cut this recipe in half or thirds.
- Stirring the granola halfway through baking will break up the clumps and the end result will be more of a loose granola cereal. That's great if you like to eat it as cereal or as a topping for yogurt! We prefer our granola a bit clumpier so it's easier for little (and big) hands to grab and snack on. To achieve a clumpier granola you can bypass the stirring midway through baking and allow to cool completely. You may then break up the bigger pieces into bite-size clumps if you wish.
- Fact: You're going to snitch bites here and there throughout the process. Just remember that after you bake the granola and before it's cooled, it will be chewy. No worries! Be patient and allow it to cool completely and it will be crunchy.
- Our favorite additions to this peanut butter granola are:
- chocolate chips/chunks
- white chocolate chips
- dried cranberries
- toasted coconut
- chocolate covered blueberries or pomegranate